Monday, May 17, 2010

7 days and counting...

New sweater and hat made with love by Mimi B! I think it fits my belly!

Well, this week has been an anxious one... paying attention to every contraction, weird feeling, etc.... still no baby. Everyone I run into asks when the baby's coming... I wish I knew! The best comment this week was from a random guy at Trader Joe's. He said, "what, are you going to the hospital tonight?" - I WISH! My belly is changing shapes every morning... Yes it's lower... my maternity shirts aren't covering my belly so much any more because it's pretty low. I know everyone's so excited for the baby to come... but she won't tell me when she's making an appearance! I'm pulling out all of the stops to induce labor... minus Castor Oil... won't do that. I even tried making labor inducing cookies this week... quite tasty but TOTALLY have a kick. The recipe's at the bottom if you're ever interested...

According to my iGoogle homepage, Baby Girl Schaab is about 21.5 inches (55cm) long from head to toe and weighs a little more than 7 pounds (3.2kg) However, the only productive thing Dr. Shaw told me is he thinks I have a BIG baby... belly measuring at 40 weeks as of last Wednesday... he guesses 8 pounds... only time will tell. Toenails and fingernails have grown to tips of toes and fingers. Muscles of Baby Girl Schaab's arms and legs are strong, and she's practicing lung movements. Her head has dropped into the Caroline's pelvis she's head-down, which allows me to breathe a little easier. Almost ready for birth, Baby Girl Schaab would do well if born now.

Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.
How far along? 39 weeks

Total weight gain: 27 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes... and my shirts are all shrinking! This belly is huge and dropping lower and lower every day I think! I'd rather be in PJ all the time!

Sleep: Is a challenge... I'm not sure how Mike stays asleep with all of my tossing and turning and getting up. I also am being woken up by contractions from time to time on top of going to the bathroom.

Best Moment this Week: Finding out that I passed my Type 75 test... which means after I finish this online class, I am officially finished! More time to spend with Baby Girl Schaab!!!

Movement: Her movements are somewhat painful... she LOVES to punch my pelvic bones... although I still do get the occasional kick or "roll" across my belly. We're starting to see a lot more baby "parts" sticking out of my belly - I know she's cramped in there.

Food Cravings: Doughnuts - however I haven't eaten any. I also had a taste for Mike's famous waffles... he made them for dinner last night - AMAZING.

Gender: GIRL

Labor Signs:
Contractions. Nothing consistent enough to be considered labor yet. I'm also dilated to 2cm and I'm 1 cm from being completely effaced. Mike and I did a little "nesting" yesterday as well. Dr. Shaw wouldn't check me this week so I have no idea on the progress of anything... Luckily I see Dr. Ashby on Wednesday!

Belly Button in or out? It's a close one....

What I miss: My pelvic bones not throbbing

Milestones: I bought a breast pump that I'm scared to open... it was very expensive and it looks scary. Luckily, I had a 20% off coupon. I also sterilized the pacifiers... so that's ready... We also are having a friend of mine from high school coming to the hospital to take some pictures of our new bundle of joy (thank you Facebook for reconnecting). She's just starting out and her pictures look fabulous... I can't wait! To check out some of her work, click here.


What I'm looking forward to: THE BABY COMING!!!

Labor Inducing Cookies...
didn't work for me, but they are tasty!

Give these spicy ginger cookies a try and pack your bags.

1 comment:

  1. I found them! Sound yummy--I love ginger! It is so funny to hear what different women's labor inducing secrets are!

    ReplyDelete