Monday, May 10, 2010

38 weeks - 14 days to go!

Check out that belly! It keeps dropping lower and lower... It was a pretty chill week for us... with some relaxing as well as Sportin' Wood's first softball game (which was a win!). We also celebrated Mike's 29th birthday with some pizza and some DQ blizzard cake here. It was a fabulous day! Mike also received what he's been wanting for the baby. Click here to see what he was so excited about! THANKS HANGOVER! The only difference is our baby will not be named Carlos - and I decided to against black as I didn't want it to get too hot for the baby!

We also stopped by and visited Amelia this weekend and was able to bond with her and chat with Meghan and Jim for a little bit! We are getting pretty anxious to meet our little girl... as is everyone around her. I read this morning that 95% of babies are born within 2 weeks of their due date... I really hope this little girl comes early! :) I also set up a photographer to come to the hospital to capture Baby Girl Schaab's first day (or second). Edith is a someone I went to Maine South with who is starting her photography business. I'm pretty excited about her helping us out! Check out her site here.

Happy Birthday Mary H.T.!


According to my iGoogle homepage, Baby Girl Schaab is about 21 inches (53.3cm) from head to toe and weighs about 6.8 pounds (3.1kg). Dr. Dillon is guessing that BGS weighs between 7 1/2 and 8 pounds! Most of BGS's downy hair, lanugo, and whitish coating, vernix, is disappearing. Your baby is getting its antibodies from you to protect against illness. Baby Girl Schaab's growth is slowing, but fat cells under skin get plumper for life outside the womb. Almost ready for birth, your baby would do well if born now.

The Bump says, at week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.
How far along? 38 weeks

Total weight gain: 26 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes... and some of those are getting iffy! This belly is huge and dropping lower and lower every day I think! I'd rather be in PJ all the time!

Sleep: Is a challenge... I'm not sure how Mike stays asleep with all of my tossing and turning and getting up. I also am being woken up by contractions from time to time on top of going to the bathroom.

Best Moment this Week: Finding out on Thursday that I am 2 cm dilated and 1 cm from being completely effaced. Dr. Dillon seems to think this little girl should be coming early.

Movement: Her movements are somewhat painful... she LOVES to punch my pelvic bones... although I still do get the occasional kick or "roll" across my belly.

Food Cravings: I think just my pomegranate blueberry juice.

Gender: GIRL

Labor Signs:
Contractions. Nothing consistent enough to be considered labor yet. I'm also dilated to 2cm and I'm 1 cm from being completely effaced. Mike and I did a little "nesting" yesterday as well. BRING ON THE BABY!

Belly Button in or out? When my belly's contracting, it gets pretty flat. It's still an "innie" however it's popping closer and closer to out. Still hoping that it won't completely pop.

What I miss: I'm not sure this week... It might just be sleeping comfortably.

Milestones: We bought a baby book on Friday and put it together this weekend. They shouldn't allow 9 month pregnant people in Hallmark alone... I was crying looking through my options... as well as at Mother's Day cards! I also celebrated my first mother's day. Mike bought me a beautiful necklace from Tiffany's (which I TOTALLY didn't expect) and both grandparents bought me a little something to celebrate my entrance into motherhood. We also took my mom and dad to The Capital Grill, and they gave me a little corsage!

What I'm looking forward to: THE BABY COMING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment