Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 18


Today is the start of week 18. Here is what Baby Girl Schaab is up to this week according to babycenter.com...

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.

How far along? 18 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: +4 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes and loving them.

Sleep: Actually had a great week sleeping (knock on wood). I think the body pillow helps... although it is a little flat!

Best moment this week: Starting to see my belly grow more and more... My mom and I also went to Kickin', a maternity store in Roscoe village. It's a lot different from the Old Navy maternity section... LOVED IT! :)

Movement: I think I've started to feel the baby "quickening" in my belly. It's a weird feeling I've never felt before but I'm not 100% sure it's the baby. No swift kicks yet... which I'm guessing will be strong if she has my soccer genes.

Food cravings: Juicy Oranges... I LOVE THEM! :) Now if I could only snap my fingers and they would peel themselves...

Gender: GIRL

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: I actually really am enjoying being pregnant! :) Nothing I miss this week but I have a feeling after making cookies today, I'll miss eating raw cookie dough.

What I am looking forward to: Feeling Baby Schaab move more in the next couple of weeks. Also, Mike being able to feel the baby move... he tries to listen to her at night time. I'm also looking forward to seeing our baby girl next Monday, as I have my 19 week ultrasound which should be a lengthy one since the do a lot of measurements... so I'm really looking forward to that birthday present! :)

Milestones: Mike says, "that you have a noticeable baby belly". I also was "professional fitted" for a bra this weekend... what an experience. I didn't know my bra size existed, but we'll leave it at that. The girls look and feel fabulous for now... Thanks mom and Jess to a fun field trip! :)

Here is another fun website to check out specific to B Schaab's development. I always click in the upper right hand corner to make the narrator the baby - very cool. Check it out!
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?person=1&id=12832

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of you and BG Schaab. How appropriate for the season too - Mother and Child! XO, MHT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! Wait until you see the family shot... I think I may want to change careers to photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE that picture of Caroline, Baby, and tree.

    ReplyDelete