Monday, December 14, 2009

Week 17

Today is the start of week 17. Here is what Baby Girl Schaab is up to this week according to babycenter.com...

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now, and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

For any boys who are sick of fruit and veggies... this comes from "His Boys Can Swim": Dad's Pregnancy Guide.

How far along? 17 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: + 2 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes and loving them.

Sleep: Still getting up 1-2 times in the middle of the night. I started sleeping with a body pillow which has helped me sleep more as a side sleeper.

Best moment this week: "Connecting" with my baby during pre-natal yoga which I started last Sunday. I also really liked looking at baby "stuff" with Mike at Target!

Movement: I think I've started to feel the baby "quickening" in my belly. It's a weird feeling I've never felt before but I'm not 100% sure it's the baby. No swift kicks yet... which I'm guessing will be strong if she has my soccer genes.

Food cravings: Juicy Oranges and Coke - (don't worry only one, if any, a day) which has helped me relieve these "hormone headaches" I have been having. They feel like a sinus headache mixed with a really bad hang over... Coke seems to do the trick. Not sure if it's a craving... but it helps get rid of the headaches!

Gender: GIRL

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out? IN.

What I miss: Sleeping through the night... however I'm sure that's long gone...

What I am looking forward to: Feeling Baby Schaab move more in the next couple of weeks.

Milestones: I gained my first pregnancy pounds this week... let the fun begin.

Here is another fun website to check out specific to B Schaab's development. I always click in the upper right hand corner to make the narrator the baby - very cool. Check it out!
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?person=1&id=12832

No comments:

Post a Comment