Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 30- EEK!

70 days and counting... We can hardly wait! One thing I don't mention below is something we started to do to get the dogs ready for baby... we bought a baby doll. You might be thinking - why or that sounds silly, however, we want the dogs to get used to us caring for a baby and start training them how to act around the baby. Our "pretend little girl" met the dogs for the first time on Saturday, however did not get to see her today. We are going to introduce her a little by little and see how they do... Summer was very interested on Saturday - especially when Mike was holding her. Wrigley took a sniff then went and chilled out across the room and watched. I'll keep you posted on training!

Another fabulous thing this week is a very generous yoga teacher who teaches the class after my Wednesday night class gave me a Graco travel system with two car seat bases. This will come in handy with our other travel system because they both work the same and have the same bases... That way we'll have an extra stroller for when the baby visits other people too! How exciting and THANK YOU JENNY GLICK!

This week Baby Girl Schaab is about 16 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but the volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in Caroline's uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond in changes in light but will have 20/400 vision - which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face (Thanks Baby Center for the fabulous info!).

Baby Girl Schaab's energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. Baby Girl Schaab is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though they don't necessarily coincide with Caroline's. Also, this month, all five senses are fully functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments (Thanks The Bump for the fabulous info!).

How far along? 30 weeks

Total weight gain: 22 pounds

Maternity Clothes: yup - and I love them!

Sleep: Still getting up a few times... but it's hard finding a comfortable position! It's hard to move the baby belly around!

Best Moment this Week: This week I had a few... First off, last Monday night, Baby Girl Schaab had the hiccups for over 1/2 an hour! I was lying down to do kick counts before bed, and all of the sudden I felt this dull constant "kicking feeling"... then I got a big kick on the other side of my belly... then I realized after this continued for a good five minutes that it must be hiccups! It lasted over a half an hour and was just too cool.

On Wednesday night at pre-natal yoga, we were doing our relaxation at the end of class where we are curled up on our left sides in the fetal position... once I got comfortable Baby Girl Schaab started doing "karate chops" where I was feeling sharp kicks/punches on both sides of my stomach while my stomach moved! It was the first time I really felt uncomfortable from a kick, however I couldn't believe how much my belly moved.

Saturday, playing with the Tefka twins and getting mommy advice from Karyn. I had a blast with Addison and Paige (Matt, Karyn, & Tauntie Elyse too) and can't get over how cute they are!

Movement: LOTS! Most in the morning when I wake up and right before I go to sleep. Some of them are pretty strong and my belly is moving more and more with some of these kicks. I also was instructed to do kick counts, where basically when I wake up and before I go to sleep, I need to lie down and count how many times the baby kicks in a hour. She needs to kick at least 10 times in an hour... usually it takes her less than 10 minutes (knock on wood) to get all of her kicks in. I haven't had to eat a snack and walk around because she's always made 10! Way to go Baby Girl Schaab.


Food Cravings: Moose Tracks Ice Cream - Baby Girl Schaab needs her calcium.

Gender: GIRL

Labor Signs:
Braxton Hicks contractions here and there...

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Sleeping comfortably.

Milestones: The Hiccups! Read more above!

What I'm looking forward to: Mike and I's "meeting each other" anniversary on Wednesday, St. Patrick's Day. We also learn our fate on moving into the house on Walnut hopefully on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for us! We would LOVE to bring our Baby Girl home to this wonderful house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment