Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 29

Today marks the beginning of week 29! Time really seems to be flying by - only 77 days until Baby Girl Schaab's due date! We had a pretty low key week with a lot of kicking, a lot of heartburn, and a relaxing weekend. I also found out that I'll be able to finish my masters degree online with two classes left - one to get my administration certificate, and the other one to complete my second masters degree! I was really worried about missing class depending on when the baby comes so this option is going to be perfect... so as of last Thursday, I'm officially done going to class! :) Now I just need to finish the two classes from the comfort of my couch.

Here's what's going on this week according to www.babycenter.com:
Our baby now weighs between 2 1/2 -3 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, Mommy Caroline needs to eat plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, Mommy Caroline needs to drink lots of milk. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into Baby Schaab's hardening skeleton each day.

Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

How far along? 29 weeks

Total weight gain: +18 pounds - however this I'm sure will go up as I have a doctor's appointment today.

Maternity Clothes: yup - and I love them!

Sleep: Getting up more frequently to try and get comfortable and the baby woke me up with some strong kicks this week! It's also becoming more difficult to get out of bed due to the size of my belly.

Best Moment this Week:

Movement
: Oh yes, she is quite active, however has performance anxiety. Whenever we try to get her to move for someone to feel, she stays pretty stationary.

Food Cravings: Jarred Peaches and Moose Tracks Ice Cream - no, not together.Gender: GIRL

Labor Signs:
I had some Braxton Hicks contractions this week... which was an interesting feeling...

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Not having heartburn on a daily basis.

Milestones: Experiencing my first Braxton Hicks contractions.

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing my buddy Dr. Ashby today and seeing how the baby is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment