Monday, April 26, 2010

28 days to go!

It's been a REALLY BUSY WEEK PACKING!!! I don't have a ton to say this week, as I'm exhausted. Therefore, I promise to write more next week and post pictures of Baby Schaab's new digs!

So what is going on with Baby Girl Schaab
? According to Baby Center Baby Girl Schaab is still packing on the pounds - at the rate of about an ounce a day. She know weights about 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine- month amniotic bath. She swallows both of the substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, which will form contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, Baby Girl Schaab will be considered full term!

The Bump says... Baby Girl Schaab’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through Mommy Caroline's (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies (she loves ROCKABYE BABY )! Growth (at least inside Caroline's womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month (and she is).
How far along? 36 weeks

Total weight gain: 28 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes... and some of those are getting iffy! This belly is huge!

Sleep: Lots of getting up ... My heavy belly makes it hard to fall asleep and stay asleep in a comfortable position. That baby also loves kicking and punching my bladder.

Best Moment this Week: Finding out that my blood pressure has come back down a little - but I still need to take it easy.

Movement: LOTS! More of the baby nudging and shifting... then some random violent kicks!

Food Cravings: CULVERS! I love the frozen custard - whatever the flavor of the day is! :) I'm also still hooked on smooties.

Gender: GIRL

Labor Signs:
A LOT more Braxton Hicks contractions - these are coming more frequently... which means my body is getting ready for the baby to come out! These were especially active today when I was trying to help pack - and only stopped when I did. The baby's head is also still facing down.

Belly Button in or out? In - which is where I think it is staying.

What I miss: Sleeping comfortably. Luckily the swelling hasn't been too bad.

Milestones: I went to a breastfeeding class and learned different "techniques" for feeding once the baby arrives. We also moved in with Mimi Barb and Pop Pop Len. We'll start really setting up the nursery this week which is really exiting. It's hard to believe that as of Tuesday, Church St. will no longer be ours. Mike and I are excited to be "home" where they baby will come. We're going to continue looking for houses, as our Walnut deal is officially off. Everything happens for a reason and our dream house is out there! :)

What I'm looking forward to: Moving and setting up the nursery!

2 comments:

  1. REST and NEST! I am soooo excited now that "DUE" day is so near!!!! XO MHT

    ReplyDelete
  2. REST and NEST sounds like a plan to me :)

    ReplyDelete